It is our intention to provide our clients with a professional and therapeutic massage. The following policies and procedures serve as a guide for first-time and regular massage clients of Heart in Hand Massage Therapy Connection.
At Heart in Hand Massage Therapy Connection we understand that unanticipated events occur in everyone’s life. Unforeseen events such as car problems, traffic considerations, business meetings, and project deadlines, are just a few reasons why one might consider canceling a massage appointment.
In our commitment to provide a unique and outstanding massage experience to all of our clients and out of consideration for our therapists’ time, we have adopted the following policies:
ARRIVAL TO YOUR MASSAGE:
Please arrive for your appointment 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows you the time to fill out the appropriate client form (for new clients), change and prepare for the service. All massages have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience. If late arrival is inevitable, your service(s) may be shortened in order to stay on schedule. The original treatment time will be charged.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This will give Jean enough time to fill the slot. If this occurs more than once a fee of $35 dollars will be charged or you will forfeit your coupon or gift certificate.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY:
Late arrivals will not receive an automatic extension of the scheduled appointment. In special cases, and when our schedule permits, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment that is running late. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original reservation fee will be charged.
NO SHOW POLICY:
Clients who fail to show for appointments may be asked to pre-pay for future services.
Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit you will receive a copy of the massage therapy policies and will be asked to sign the consent form stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures. Clients who we have not seen for at least a year will also be asked to fill out this form.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE:
Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client
Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor’s supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES:
• Massage Therapists are happy to adjust pressure, temperature, or musical volume. They will also spend more time working on an area or move on if you request it.
• The client may choose to leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked.
• The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
• Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment – or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
• Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated. They will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
• The genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Also, low back, hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
• Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
• Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.